Anticipated start date - 3rd of October 2022.
We are looking for an organised, adaptable, driven, cell and molecular biologist who wants to work in a rapidly growing and commercially focused start-up R&D environment.
Unicorn Biotechnologies is an early-stage, venture backed biotech company. We are developing a next generation biomanufacturing platform to efficiently scale production of all mammalian cell types, starting with cell production for cultivated meat. By removing the biomanufacturing bottleneck preventing cultivated meat transitioning from the lab bench to supermarket shelves. Our technology will create more sustainable food systems, and drive the transition to animal-free agriculture.
In conjunction with our team of world class scientists and engineers, you will help prepare, conduct and analyse experiments to support development of our biomanufacturing platform and help accelerate our pace of discovery and experimental iteration.
- Supporting R&D projects through your technical skills in culturing mammalian cells and molecular biology workflows.
- Acting as a champion of quality assurance/control for device testing and other product pipelines.
Curious, creative and driven doers, who would relish the opportunity to work with a world class team in a fast-paced start-up environment.
Friendly, organised, efficient and enthusiastic people with a can-do attitude.
Collaborative and communicative people who thrive as part of a tight knit but technically diverse team.
need to have
- Experience of mammalian cell culture.
- Experience of molecular biology associated workflows and approaches including gel electrophoresis, DNA/RNA isolation,PCR/qPCR, cloning and sequencing plasmid constructs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary scientists/engineers and work on multiple research projects and commercial outputs simultaneously.
- We will consider any relevant background, but you are likely to have a BSc/MSc in cellular/molecular/synthetic biology ideally with at least 1 year of work experience.
nice to have
- Experience culturing multiple different cell types (e .g. cell lines, primary cells, tissue specific progenitor cells, such as MSCs, and stem cells, such as iPSCs).
- Experience of utilising flow cytometry.
- Experience of quality assurance and quality control processes.
- Experience in commercial R&D environments interacting with a diverse array of stakeholders (e.g. suppliers, commercial partners, etc.).
- Join a fast-moving transformative industry in a high growth environment. Opportunity to work on a variety of operational projects across the company and to rapidly learn new skills.
- Additional research and development training will be delivered by our superb team.
- We seek to empower, not restrict, and give ownership and significant input into key decisions.
- Our networks are your networks. We will do everything to empower and promote the people that work with us.
- You will be based in the UK's greenest city on the doorstep of the peak district with world-class hiking, biking, running, and climbing 15 minutes from our independent biolabs.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- Flexible working hours.
Closing Date: 20 July, 2022
Submit your application here
Please fill out the application form. We base the invitation to interview principally on the question answers. If this is not filled out we will not consider your application. However, if you get stuck or have any questions please email email@example.com
Please note. No recruiters.
Unicorn Biotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces inclusion and diversity.